SuperSocket is a light weight, cross platform and extensible socket server application framework. You can use it to build a server side socket application (like GPS server, GIS server, game server, FTP server, SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 server, SIP
server, SNMP server, etc) easily without thinking about how to use socket, how to maintain the socket connections and how socket works.
It is a pure C# project which is designed to be extended, so it is easy to be integrated to your existing system. If your systems (like forum/CRM/MIS/HRM/ERP) are developed in .NET language, you must be able to use
SuperSocket to build your socket application as a part of your current system perfectly.
The source code of SuperSocket also include some service implementation samples which you can follow.
Latest stable release:
SuperSocket 1.5.2 https://supersocket.codeplex.com/releases/view/104825
Latest beta release:
SuperSocket 1.6 beta 1 https://supersocket.codeplex.com/releases/view/106205
- Very easy to use. You can create a robust socket server only by several classes
- Support custom protocol, no matter your protocol is a command line protocol or a binary one. Another open source project
SuperWebSocket is built upon
SuperSocket and take advantage of this custom protocol feature of it.
- Support SSL/TLS encryption automatically
- Support multiple socket server instances. You can define many socket servers on different ports in configuration,
SuperSocket can run those servers in the same application/service
- SuperSocket can run as console application and windows service. It provide a bat file to install
SuperSocket as a windows service.
- Flexible logging strategy which can log most of socket activities
- Also support UDP socket
- Support IPv6
- Support Windows Azure
- Support running in Unix system (by Mono 2.10 or above version)
- Built-in socket policy server for Flash and Silverlight clients which you can use directly
SuperSocket Extensions: http://supersocketext.codeplex.com/
Consult/feature request/paid project customization:
Author's LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kerryjiang
LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/SuperSocket-User-Group-3821247
QQ Group: 135969383
SuperSocket ClientEngine - Recommended Socket Client Component