SuperSocket is a light weight, cross platform and extensible socket server application framework. You can use it to build a server side socket application (like game server, GPS server,
system, data acquisition server etc) easily without thinking about how to use socket, how to maintain the socket connections and how socket works.
It is a pure C# project which is designed to be extended, so it is easy to be integrated to your existing system. If your systems (like forum/CRM/MIS/HRM/ERP) are developed in .NET language, you must be able to use
SuperSocket to build your socket application as a part of your current system perfectly.
The source code of SuperSocket also include some service implementation samples which you can follow.
Latest stable release:
SuperSocket 1.6 stable
- Very easy to use. You can create a robust socket server only by several classes
- Support custom protocol, no matter your protocol is a command line protocol or a binary one. Another open source project
SuperWebSocket is built upon
SuperSocket and take advantage of this custom protocol feature of it.
- Support SSL/TLS encryption automatically
- Support multiple socket server instances. You can define many socket servers on different ports in configuration,
SuperSocket can run those servers in the same application/service
- SuperSocket can run as console application and windows service. It provide a bat file to install
SuperSocket as a windows service.
- Flexible logging strategy which can log most of socket activities
- Also support UDP socket
- Support IPv6
- Support Windows Azure
- Support running in Unix system (by Mono 2.10 or above version)
- Built-in socket policy server for Flash and Silverlight clients which you can use directly
SuperSocket Extensions: http://supersocketext.codeplex.com/
Consult/feature request/paid technique consulting:
Mailing list: email@example.com,
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/supersocket/
Author's LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kerryjiang
LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/SuperSocket-User-Group-3821247
QQ Group: 135969383
SuperSocket ClientEngine - Recommended Socket Client Component