AsyncTcpSession

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Use of 'async' in AsyncTcpSession generates a compilation error:

Error 1 Identifier expected; 'async' is a keyword

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2012 at 1:22 AM

What are you doing? Why do you want to change code?

Which line have you changed?

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Within AsyncTcpSession.cs there are examples of the use of 'async' as a variable ... for example from line 95:

void StartReceive()
{
   bool async;

This is one of a number of examples.

What am I doing?  Well, I am planning to put a number of websocket services out on the web and I'm exploring the .Net options.  Your code looks promising especially as MS stopped providing practical support post 09 and I don't want to work on their current shifting sands.  However I will not do that without being able to understand the security implications of using your code.  A first step is to be able to build and test the source code base rather than rely on pre-built binaries.  No disrepect intended, I'm just cautious.

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Are you build the code by .NET 4.0?

Please check your building option, async is not keeping word of .NET 4.0.

It probably cannot be used in .NET 4.5, but it really ok in .NET 4.0. Could you use the solution/project files provided by SuperSocket directly?

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM

.net 4.0 vs2010

why not change it to say bAsync...?

as i said before i want to create a single sln with supersocket, websocket and websocket client in one sln which use project refs rather than the prebuilt binaries so that i can know exactly what code i'm working with.

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM
No one else reported this issue, I'll think about changing the variable name!

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 3/15/2012 6:47 PM
To: kerry-jiang@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: AsyncTcpSession [SuperSocket:348660]

.net 4.0 vs2010

why not change it to say bAsync...?

as i said before i want to create a single sln with supersocket, websocket and websocket client in one sln which use project refs rather than the prebuilt binaries so that i can know exactly what code i'm working with.

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I have done this change!