send commands from one client (master console) to other client(s)

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Hi Kerry,

Can you point me in direction to create a management client to send commands to other client(s) on same app server ? I'm using 1.4 sp4.

I've looked at your broadcast example but I don't wan't to broadcast a command but one on one via the server. I need to manage clients thru one management console.

Your help is appreciated !!

Patrick

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

What's your difficulty?

Your requirement is all about your business design, not about a technique issue.

AppServer has a session containers which allow you to find any session which you want, and then communicate with it. I cannot see any problem. You business should be simpler than the multiple appServer communications sample.

There is a doc probably can help you:

http://supersocket.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Fetch%20required%20sessions%20from%20AppServer

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Thx, I know that it is more a business issue then a technical one. But i didn't know where to start. That doc is usefull to me. 

I have one more question: Can I access my clients by a friendly name instead of a guid?

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Never mind my last question: i figured it out myself. Thanks for your quick response, as always!