Performance server - where is it?

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:00 AM

Hi guys,

First of all I want to say thank you for this great library, build very robust as I saw from source code. Now I'm testing it to see if it can be used in high-loaded broadcast-type server, where clients will subscribe to specific topics and once available on server it will broadcast to clients. 

My questions are:

1. What sample can I check to see how can send/receive custom data message using a specific protocol. I'll be using JSON to serialize .NET objects and communicate with C++ clients. Can you show a sample for this?

2. What sample is actually the server which can be stress-tested using the Tools/PerformanceTestAgent application?

Thx

\Eugen

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2011 at 5:11 AM

First question:

If you don't have a application layer protocol yet, I'll suggest SuperWebSocket to you. SuperWebSocket is WebSocket protocol .NET implementation base on SuperSocket.

It have built-in JSON serialization/deserialization support.

I am not sure whether an open source C++ websocket client exists. I think implementing a websocket client in C++ may not be a very difficult work.

Second question:

You can use the performance test tool against EchoServer which is a sample in QuickStart.

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:16 AM

wow, that was a fast answer. Thx!

1. Yes I saw the SuperWebSocket, but I'm wondering if it follows the JSON protocol entirely.

2. There is an EchoServer project, only EchoService and is not an application is a Class Library so it can't be run. Ideas?

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2011 at 5:19 AM

Actually, JSON is not transferring protocol, it just be a serialization/deserialization method.

Please follow the document to run it:

http://supersocket.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=let%20your%20appserver%20run