Generic Client

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Hi,

First of all, congratulations for the work you have done in supersocket, and supersocketwebsockets.

It was easy to use supersocketwebsocket, but I’m some difficulty with supersocket.

I pretend to use your framework to connect as a client to a generic commercial server (without supersockets), is this possible?

I am trying to do a client for the generic commercial server, but I don't want to use services, it's only a desktop application.

When i try to run the first example of documentation of telnet, without bootstrat, it gives me the folliing error: " Error 12 The type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'"

Thanks in advance,
Paul
PS: Sorry my English and I’m a begginer in c#
Coordinator
Nov 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Reference System.Configuration.
Nov 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Hi,

It works :) Thank you.

I have another question if you don't mind.

The SuperSocket have a AppServer to config and run the server side, that can listen to any ip and a port.

How can i use this framework to build the client side? I don't need to have a server side in my clients.

I tested with:
 var activeConnector = appServer as IActiveConnector;

IPAddress ipAddress = IPAddress.Parse(remoteaddress);
 IPEndPoint remoteEndPoint = new IPEndPoint(ipAddress, 10540);

var task = activeConnector.ActiveConnect(remoteEndPoint);
            task.ContinueWith(
                      t => logger.InfoFormat("Client connected, SessionID: {0}", t.Result.Session.SessionID),
                      TaskContinuationOptions.OnlyOnRanToCompletion);
And it Works, but is not very friendly. Is there another way to do this?

Once again, thank's in advance.
Paul
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM
No, SuperSocket is not designed for thus purpose!