Best client to use with SuperSocket?

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM
I'm building a multi-player game server with SuperSockets, but i am struggling with what to use on the client side. I've seen SuperSocket, SuperWebSocket, SuperSocket ClientEngine, and WebSocket4Net. What is the best choice for the client side? I want to use the built-in Command Protocol rather than writing my own from scratch. Can anyone point me to some simple example code to get me started? I'm OK on the server, just stuck on the client. Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2014 at 1:49 AM
If you are using command line protocol, you needn't use any third party library. NetworkStream and StreamReader/StreamWriter are enough for you.
Jan 17, 2014 at 3:38 AM
OK, but I want to use the Command protocol to send commands to the server such as "LOGIN username password", etc, but I also want to send commands the other way (server to client). Is this possible?
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2014 at 3:40 AM
You can send anything from the server side using SuperSocket.
Jan 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Yes but I'd like to use the the SuperSocket feature that lets you define commands using this syntax:
Public Class LOGIN
    Inherits CommandBase(Of CustomSession, StringRequestInfo)
    Public Overrides Sub ExecuteCommand(session As CustomSession, requestInfo As StringRequestInfo)
        'add code to process incoming command here
    End Sub
End Class
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2014 at 4:06 PM
You can take a look at the source code of WebSocket4Net to see how to implement it in the client side.