Asynchronous TCP Server

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Hey,

I'm new to Socket programming and was looking for something to help me when I stumbled on this sweet project.

Since I'm a little new to this hole TCP Server / client business I was hoping to find an example of a TCP Server.

The project I'll be developing will be a asynchronous TCP Server that will receive multiple client connections. I need to manage these client connections because I need to send information from the server to the clients (of course the other way around will also happen). So for example the GUI will have a list of connected clients and the user can choose on of these clients and send it some information.

Is there any example out there that can get me started using SuperSocket?

Thank you
Apr 19, 2014 at 12:56 PM
The best learning way is reading documents and the sample projects in the QuickStart folder of the source code.
May 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM
I have the same question. But reading documents and quickstart i can't find a complete example of asynchronous socket. If i have a socket server like that example "CustomProtocol", how can i transform that in asynchronous socket? its not clear to me. Do you have some example?
In my case i need it to implement transfer files using ZModem protocol over TCP.

thanks.
May 5, 2014 at 6:23 PM
The SuperSocket's receiving and sending are always asynchronous by default, you needn't do anything for that.
The best learning way is reading documents and the sample projects in the QuickStart folder of the source code.