Getting this exception: "The session is refused because the it's ID already exists!" is this potentially dangerous?

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Hello,

As the title states, I would like to know if this kind of exception might spell trouble for our system. It has been reported to me that it happened "more than once".

This is our socket service configuration:
<server name="Server" serverTypeName="TcpServer"  maxConnectionNumber="10000" mode="Tcp" ip="Any" port="12000" idleSessionTimeOut="3900" keepAliveTime="600"></server>
Could it be that because the idleSessionTimeOut and keepAliveTime is set high that when a session is attempted to be created SuperSocket kicks it out since already is in it's list of sessions?

Thank you!
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I have never been reported this error for TCP server. Could you tell me more about your test case?
Dec 8, 2014 at 4:08 AM
Thank you for your reply Kerry.

We haven't actually measured the amount of data that comes into the server (or rather the people who deploy to the live server hasn't told me how much yet) but from what I know hundreds of remote devices connect to the server, the connections they make are set to not time out as much as possible (as seen in the configuration I provided). That's pretty much it. The devices report to the server almost every 2 - 3 minutes, multiply that to a hundred and you may get a rough idea of how busy the server is.