SuperSocket with WebSocket4Net

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm little confused by question "How to connect to SuperSocket server using WebSocket4Net".

I'm using the latest version of SuperSocket which is 1.6.4 at the moment. I've implemented server side, which uses StringRequestInfo as protocol, and have tried to connect to the server (through WebSocket4Net). The result is it can connect, but I'm getting an exception Unknown request.

Then I've implemented (on server side) CustomProtocol which uses BinaryRequestInfo as protocol. Now as before it can connect to the server. But I cant recieve or send any message... They just disappear somewhere. And I don't know what I should do?!

I'm new to Networking, so It's difficult to me to implement my own communication protocol, even if I have the source code. I just want to use WebSocket4Net, but seems to me I'm just missing something...

So could you help me Kerry?
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2015 at 10:59 PM
WebSocket4Net must be able to connect a websocket server only, you cannot use it for connecting a socket server which doesn't serve a websocket server.
Feb 28, 2015 at 4:30 AM
Thanks for your response Kerry!

So this explains almost everything, so I should use SuperWebSocket in order to use WebSocket4Net... Well, what if I want to use SuperSocket? What client I should use with it?